Please join us for special events at Enlightened Mama®
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about hosting your event at Enlightened Mama®!!
Do you enjoy helping new mothers? Love babies? This workshop, taught by Melinda Ferguson, CD(DONA), PCD(DONA), PDT(DONA), can prepare you to start a career as a postpartum doula, doing what you already love!
A postpartum doula provides emotional support, newborn care instruction, breastfeeding support and practical household support in the early postpartum period. This 32 hour (8am-5pm, approx), 4 day course course will cover what you need to know to get started in your postpartum doula practice, including:
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Doula Support with Breastfeeding
- Effective Communication and Emotional Support
- Integrating the Baby– Changing Roles
- Loss and Grief in Postpartum
- Multiples and Preemies
- DONA Certification Requirements
- Business Basics, including Setting Up Your Business, Marketing and Expenses Tracking
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Newborn Care
- Doula as Teacher
- Rehearsal of Learned Skills and More!
Melinda’s teaching style is experiential and highly interactive, drawing on the experience and skills of all the students throughout the class. You will have opportunity to polish your listening skills, get to know various baby carriers and role play difficult situations. You will learn when to refer out to other care providers, and get started on your resource list. Melinda has been training postpartum doulas for 5 years, and supporting postpartum families for ten. She is a Lead Instructor at the Simkin Center at Bastyr University.
To register: http://www.calmconfidentdoula.com/trainings.html
For questions or payment by check call: